We are looking for an engineer to join our growing team as we begin to scale our revolutionary presentation platform. We need someone who is willing and able to:
- Build a category-defining product
- Be challenged every day
- Deliver and receive feedback clearly, respectfully, and often
- Communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Add value on day 1
Demoflow is a cross-platform application that enables sales teams to run incredible sales demos, and our powerful and unique suite of functionality has led to extremely rapid adoption. We need an engineer who is ready to build and scale a product that will become the new standard for sales presentations. Ideally, the candidate will have already scaled web-based products for the enterprise space.
- As a core Demoflow Fullstack Engineer you will design, develop, and deploy large, integral parts of the application. We have a pipeline of features that span all areas of the tech stack, so you should be excited about the possibility of having a big impact on the product.
- The role is ideal for an engineer with strong attention to detail and a high bar for quality. Demoflow users run demos worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to their companies, so bugs and crashes in critical workflows are not acceptable. Accordingly, the engineer should have experience with test-driven development and modern testing tools.
- This engineer will not only have the opportunity to build new product, but will have the opportunity to help build an engineering team and mentor newer engineers in the future.
- Architect, design, develop, and deploy features on both the front and back end of the application
- Write automated tests in all areas to ensure we can continue to iterate quickly
- Evaluate third-party tools versus building features “in house”
- Communicate daily progress with the rest of the engineering team
- Interface with Sales and CS teams to ensure we are always working on the most important jobs each day
- Present new ideas and respectfully debate those ideas with the team
- Deliver and receive open, honest, and constructive feedback
Our application consists of a Ruby on Rails backend hosted on AWS that serves web, desktop, and browser-extension apps written in React. Our desktop app is deployed using Electron which gives us unparalleled power to deliver incredible presentation experiences. We have development needs across the entire stack, and the ideal candidate would have strong Rails experience and at least intermediate experience with React. It would be a bonus to have built previous projects using:
- AWS (including Lambdas & ECS)
- GraphQL (specifically Apollo)
- RSpec / Jest
- GitHub Actions
- Single Sign On
The most important requirement is that you are ready to be challenged, learn, and grow every single day. We are moving incredibly quickly as we build a category-defining product. We operate with transparent communication, honest feedback, and a growth mindset.
If you’re fired up at the sound of this opportunity, we’d love to talk. Please complete your application on angel.co.