How To Prep for 8 Discovery Calls in 20 Minutes
Sales cycles come in waves. Reps spend countless hours focusing on outreach strategies designed to pique their ideal prospects' interest and, when done effectively, discovery calls start piling up. Should you be so lucky as to have 8 discovery calls in a day (dream big folks), the next challenge begins as you now need to effectively prepare for these calls. The now disgraced Indiana Hoosier's Bobby Knight once said: “I don’t believe in luck, I believe in preparation," and we at Demoflow couldn't agree more.
Let's start with how sales reps typically prepare for discovery calls today:
- Google Drive: create a new folder for the prospect
- Google Docs: create new doc - research the prospect - prepare script for the call
- Salesforce (CRM): copy/paste notes in the Opportunity
- Google Presentation: customize the companywide Sales Deck for the prospect
- Google Chrome: open up both external facing URLs and custom environments that you'd like to incorporate into your demonstration
- Zoom (video conferencing): dial-in and setup multiple screens for presentation and internal notes
Thankfully, using Demoflow's desktop application, you can streamline the steps outlined above while never leaving the platform. This gives you time back in your day to focus on the only thing that matters: driving revenue.
- Utilize Demoflow's Salesforce integration to pull in the Account/Opportunity fields your organization requires to progress an opportunity from Discovery to Close. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.
- Create an Asset specifically for discovery calls that can be used repeatedly (tag it to make sure), but with customizable components specific to each prospect. In the example below, you'll see the Discovery Presentation Asset I utilize, which includes 4 overview slides (1 being a customizable agenda slide), 2 URLs (1 public-facing URL from my prospects' site and 1 custom environment), and 1 automated Meeting Summary slide.
- Input internal-facing Demo notes (company info, prospect's role, discovery questions you'd like to cover, etc) and update agenda slide to help guide the conversation and ensure you're properly qualifying the prospect.
- Check URLs - Launch Preview.
- Lather, Rinse, Repeat 7 more times.
Everything outlined above is automated in Demoflow sans your Demo notes (org info, contact info, canned discovery questions) and copy/pasting a public facing URL (if that is critical to your presentation). All of these steps can easily be done in 2.5 minutes.
BUT WAIT....what about all the follow-up required to move this deal beyond Discovery? Check back for Part 2 where I outline how to effectively take and transfer your disorganized notes into required Salesforce fields, gain consensus on next steps live during your Discovery Call, book the next meeting and send a follow-up email all within Demoflow!